FROM THE VINE TO THE CELLAR
OUR CONVICTIONS AND KNOW-HOW
RESPECT FOR THE LIVING
Through the work in our vineyards and the application of natural preparations we seek to gently promote a healthy environment. Soils that are alive with a variety of fauna and flora, contribute to making the vine stronger and able to defend itself against diseases.
PROMOTING PLANT BALANCE
- Massal selection in order to promote biodiversity at the intra-varietal level
- Pruning Guyot Poussard respecting the flow of the sap.
- Debudding for controlled yields and a fine aeration of the bunches
- Phytotherapy (herbal plant remedies) in order to minimise sulphur and copper treatments
- Biodynamic preparations to encourage plant growth in harmony with the environment
- Energy monitoring by correcting disturbances of natural or human origin
RESPECTING SOIL LIFE
- Natural and sown grass (cereals and vegetable) to promote the structure of the soil
- Addition of biodynamic compost to bring gradual and balanced organic matter to the soil
BIODIVERSITY AS A CORNERSTONE.
A balanced environment where biodiversity dominates is essential for the development of the vine. Aware that we still have a lot to do in order to reduce our footprint in this ecosystem, we try our utmost.
- Permanent grassing in order to preserve the intrinsic biodiversity of the place and the life on the surface
- Agroforestry with the planting of more than 200 trees and fruit trees of different varieties creating more than 2 kilometres of hedgerows
- Preservation of the natural habitat of a number of species (birds, bats, etc), by establishing water points and nesting boxes
FROM THE VINE TO WINE
When the harvest arrives, we await the correct maturity of the fruit, and ensure a careful sorting, after a fully manual harvest
Fruit of our work carried on throughout the year, we obtain healthy grapes that allow us to achieve winemaking respectful of the terroir, with the least intervention as possible
For generations, our work at the winery has been based on indigenous yeasts present on the grapes, gentle vinification and minimal sulphites. We seek to make wines that are the most natural expression of their vintage and of their terroir
LIFE IN THE CELLAR
Quality is the Most Important
- Finding the right maturity according to the profile of the parcels
- Manual harvesting only in small boxes to conserve the integrity of the fruit.
- Sorting the grapes in the cellar in whole bunches
- 100% destemmed and then a second sorting of the berries
- Vats filled by gravity
- Natural yeasts
- Temperature control
- Gentle maceration and fermentation
- Maturing of the wine in demi-muids and large containers (400-500 litres) and terracotta gravel and ceramic jars
- Working with the lunar calendar
- Adding only essential sulphites before bottling